This forum is no longer open and is for reading/searching only.

Please use our new MachForm Community Forum instead.

MachForm Community Forums » MachForm 3

Admin Login and Password

1. heathermilano

I am totally frustrated about this log-in. It took me forever to install Mach Forms and finally I have it installed and ready to log in. I put in the email address I have used through the entire process and then put in my password that I commonly used again through this. the password was incorrect so I sent for a reset. Like 8 times. I haven't received a reset. I emailed customer service and of course, haven't heard back yet but I am so exhausted in this long set up, that I want to figure out this log-in NOW. I read 100 different similar issues on the web and here in the forums and tried various resolutions including using "machform" as the default password and looking for the "admin" stuff in the config.php file (both of which did not work). I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong and can't wait through an entire weekend for support to respond. I sure timed this set up poorly. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Posted 10 years ago #
  2. AMurray
    Pro Member

I'm sorry you're having difficulty with this but we may not be able to help.

It's best to wait for Appnitro specifically to respond to your support request as this is a technical issue we couldn't resolve without access to your hosting system and website.

Appnitro may be even able to re-do the install for you if need be. (Installation service is part of the purchase price). Request installation, with this form: http://www.appnitro.com/install-request.

Some suggestions in the meantime:

About the Retrieve Password email not received, have you checked your junk email or spam filter (including any server-side utility provided by your host or ISP etc), to see if the email is there?

There are ways and means to reset your password in the database. Below is a procedure to help reset the password from within the database itself (in phpMyAdmin) - http://www.koumoutsos.com/blog/2011/04/how-to-change-encrypted-passwords-in-phpmyadmin/

The db table you want is ap_users in your machform database and the field is user_password. Follow the instruction at the above website, for the database for your machform installation.

This would require you to be comfortable working in the database e.g. through phpMyAdmin or some other MySQL administration utility. Normally I wouldn't recommend this to beginners, but I don't know your skill level with this.

Posted 10 years ago #
  3. heathermilano

Thanks for your help, AMurray! I have checked all spam and hidden folders in my email and nothing. I have the install process complete so I don't think I need a reinstall. It is just a matter of signing in.

With that being said, I followed your link and tried to change the password in the instructions. I followed it step-by-step quite easily and every single time I changed the password and hit "Go", it reset back to a different cryptic password. Even using that cryptic password I was unable to log in. I feel like I have no other option than to wait for a reply from Appnitro. I just wish the support was a lot quicker, as I still am awaiting a reply. It just stinks when you put out $$$ for something and can't even utilize it. I'm trying to run a business too :(

Posted 10 years ago #
  4. yuniar

Hi Heather -- it seems you have some typo with your first support ticket (the "r" is missing from your email address), hence you didn't get our reply.
    I've just replied again to your second ticket, please check it.

MachForm Founder

Posted 10 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic